Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Friendship



What is friendship? How to define friendship?

Below is definted by wikipedia:

Value that is found in friendships is often the result of a friend demonstrating the following on a consistent basis:


  • The tendency to desire what is best for the other
  • Sympathy and empathy
  • Honesty, perhaps in situations where it may be difficult for others to speak the truth, especially in terms of pointing out the perceived faults of one's counterpart
  • Mutual understanding and compassion
  • Trust
    in one another (able to express feelings - including in relation to the
    other's actions - without the fear of being judged); able to go to each
    other for emotional support
  • Positive reciprocity - a relationship is based on equal give and take between the two parties.
But, what friendship truly means to me?

I always have this problem.  I am sometimes upset because i don't have friends to talk to.  Well, he tried to tell me to open my heart more, but sometimes it's not so easy to do so.  I tried to treat someone nice, but I just don't feel the same from that someone.  I understand there is unconditional "love", but is there any unconditional "friendship"? I tried to tell myself not to expect anything but i am not as holy as Jesus. 

My best friends are all not in the States, and i am always afraid we'll lose contact because we don't see each other often, sigh.  Long distance is tough, no matter love relationship or friend relationship...even family relationship is hard to maintain!! Sometimes when i have a fight with him, i always think of my family.  And when i think of my family, i think of i am all alone in here and i have nobody. Isn't it sad? Even i have my husband, i feel different... Somehow i want to move back to HK, but still afraid i won't like it anymore.

Anyway,
just suddenly I feel depressed, but i am pretty sure depression will go
away soon. The good thing about me is I don't really remember what
happened and my mood will become normal. 

Last
night I made a tiramisu for my friend.  It's her birthday today and i
wish her happy birthday.  I was gonna give her a surprise but my hubby
already called her and told her....umm....smart, huh!!!  Thank god tiramisu wasn't that difficult to make, otherwise i had to stay overnight to bake a cake
Enjoy!~






:) :( ;) :D :-/ :x :P :-* =(( :-O X( :7 B-) #:-S :(( :)) =)) :-B :-c :)] ~X( :-h I-) =D7 @-) :-w 7:P 2):) :!! \m/ :-q :-bd ^#(^

No comments:

Post a Comment